Like other herbs, marijuana may be made into a tea. Boil the water first and pour it over the marijuana. Let it steep for longer than you would for common black tea; approximately an hour and a half.
Add 1 tsp. of marijuana or regular butter. The effects are similar to eating it. It is easy to make marijuana tea and can be combined with mint or any other herbal tea flavors to enhance it's taste.
THC is only very slightly soluble in boiling water. Adding either some alcohol (and yes that means that booze can be made into weed booze!), oil, or butter to the mix will help the THC dissolve. An ounce of whole milk or a half ounce of hard liquor to a cup of boiling water increases the tea's potency quite a bit. A chai-type drink, made with marijuana leaves, spices, butter and milk would dissolve even more of the THC.
Making tea by just boiling the leaves will not release as much psychoactive THC. Since marijuana's pigments and terpenoids the components responsible for its flavor are water soluble, this tea looks and smells more promising than its effect will be. However, these non-cannabinoids may also have medicinal properties, as could other water-solubles.
Recipe for Pot Tea
- Pot (i used 1 gram per 2.5 cups water)
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter per cup water (2.5 cups water=2.5 tablespoons butter)
- Large wooden spoon
- Fine mesh filter
- 2 tea bags(i recommend green tea, because the flavor isnt as strong as maybe black tea or earl gray)
- Medium sized metal pot
- 30-45 minutes
- blunt for smoking while cooking (completely optional but highly recommended)
- bowl or something to strain tea over
- Pour 2.5 cups tap water into a medium sized metal pot
- Bring stove to medium heat and let slowly start to boil
- Add 2 tablespoons butter(not margarine, not i cant believe its not butter)
- add 2 teabags for 10 minutes until water has become tea and butter
- add 1 gram finely ground bud
- allow pot to boil in tea and butter mixture for 30-45 minutes
- after 30-45 minutes turn off stove and strain tea through mesh strainer to remove plant matter, and get anything slightly woody out of the mixture
- let cool in a fridge until ready to be drank and get high